Offering Mountain Mini photo sessions in Kananaskis August 5th 2023!
Because the mountains are magical & make the perfect backdrop to capture beautiful memories with your loved ones.
Mountain mini photo sessions in Kananaskis during the summer season are a must because let's face it, everything is better in the mountains! The scenery is absolutely stunning, magical even, and it's literally in Calgary's backyard. Picture this - a beautiful mountain backdrop, evergreens for days, the wind blowing in your hair & the golden sun hitting your face while you playfully frolic in the wildflowers, then snuggle your loved ones close. In just 25 minutes, you will have beautiful, magical & adventurous photos (and memories!) of you and your loved ones to display in your home and share with friends & family.
Read on for all the details of the mountain mini sessions I'm offering in Kananaskis this summer, who these sessions are ideal for, and how to book.
Mountain mini photo sessions in Kananaskis August 5th 2023: ALL THE DETAILS
- Mini sessions located in Kananaskis (exact location announced one week prior to session)
- 25 minute sessions
- Time slots every half hour starting from 1:00pm until 7:00pm. Hint: If you want that magical, soft light you often see in my portfolio of work, I'd choose a time slot after 6pm.
- 15 professionally edited images of your choice delivered via a password-protected online gallery that you can share, download & order prints from
- Wardrobe & styling advice included (as well as access to limited client closet)
- $275 PLUS 10% off print products**
Who Kananaskis Mountain Mini sessions are ideal for:
- Those who love adventure, nature, & beautiful scenery, no matter the weather
- Those who are looking for one-of-kind photos
- Families of all ages, including fur babies! Summer sessions with families are SO fun! Just immediate families only.
- Couples. Mountain scenery is SO romantic! Just engaged? These could be used for announcements, save the dates & wedding websites!
- Expecting mothers. Mountains and baby bumps equal dreamy goddess.
It's important to note weather in the mountains (and Alberta) can be very unpredictable, so be prepared for windier conditions & possibly cooler weather than in the city.
How to prepare for your mountain mini session
- Layers - even in summer! The weather in the mountains can be unpredictable and windy, so ensure to dress for the worst & then hope for the best. At least a light cardigan packed in your bag should be good!
- Leave lots of time to get there. Traffic from Calgary to the mountains can be just as unpredictable as the weather and is often quite busy.
- Bring snacks for the car ride - everyone loves snacks! Well-fed people are happy people, which is what is needed on session day.
- Play some fun tunes in the car, so you feel relaxed instead of nervous or stressed.
- Make a day of it! Have a plan for before or after to make the most of your time out there. I will announce the exact location closer to the day, but there's definitely a few little stops you can make to break up the drive if needed.
Frequently asked questions about mountain mini sessions:
How do I book?
Using the button below to access the booking form. Note: a $125 non-refundable deposit & signed electronic contract is required to hold your spot.
What's your cancellation/refund policy?
Due to the nature of the session, there are no cancellations or refunds allowed.
What do I wear?
A style guide & wardrobe consultation is included and will be sent along once you have booked.
What if I want more than 15 images?
Extra images are: $30 each, 5 for $100 or you can get the full gallery (approx 45 images) for $150.
What if the weather is bad?
Weather in the mountains can be unpredictable. Unless dangerous/extreme, I shoot in all weather conditions. I will give substantial notice & a back up day will be planned if necessary.
DON'T MISS OUT!
Kananaskis Mountain Mini sessions August 5th 2023 from 1-7pm!
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE!
Hey it's me
Welcome to my Blog
I'm Marcella (pronounced Mar-Sella), your friend behind the lens at
Love & Sunshine Photography in Calgary AB.
Lover of nature, travel, dogs & chai lattes. And most importantly, my family.
Creative by nature, genuinely loves taking and editing photos, and thrives on building relationships and capturing meaningful connections.
This is where I’ll share my latest sessions, photography resources, fave things, and perhaps even some inspiring info for running your own business.