Dream of family photos in a winter wonderland? Get inspired by this beautiful winter family photo session in Fish Creek Park after the first snowfall in calgary this year.
How to get beautiful winter wonderland photos
- Try as best as you can to schedule on a day when the weather is favourable for photos, meaning no blizzards or high winds. A little sunshine helps because it makes the snow sparkle as well! Luckily in Calgary we get lots of sunshine! And hey, a little snow falling is beautiful too, so don't be afraid of that.
- Again, try as best as you can to schedule when there is some fresh snow (or a lot of it!) Earlier in the winter season is usually best for that really pretty, white, untouched snow.
- Embrace the winter vibes and dress in lots of layers, textures and cute accessories like toques & mittens. This really helps tell a winter wonderland story.
- Embrace the cold! Believe me when I say winter wonderland photos are worth it, so grin, bear it & have a little fun! Throw some snow in the air, toss your kiddos in the air & snuggle up tight - this playfulness makes it fun for you & your family, as well as makes for beautiful photos! Lots of photographers offer shorter sessions in winter too, which makes it easier to enjoy yourself when you know it's only for a short while.
winter wonderland family photos are ideal for you if:
- You love winter and being in nature! If you've got children, they've got to be into it too. It's best that everyone is happy or it'll reflect in the photos. (See next few bullet points for more on this!)
- You don't mind getting a little cold if it means beautiful photos. Let's be honest, winter usually means cold, so if you're not willing to embrace the cold & snuggle up & smile for a few photos, don't waste your time. Stick to summer or fall sessions!
- You have lots of cute winter accessories & layers for you & your kiddos. Warm people = happy people = beautiful photos!
- You have never done winter wonderland photos before. Might be nice to switch it up if you always go for the same fall family photos or another time of year.
- You'd like to use the photos for holiday cards to send to family & friends and prefer a winter scene. Christmas cards are all the rage, especially when you have littles to show off, but what really makes a Christmas card "Christmas?" The whole winter wonderland vibe! Give the BEST holiday cards you're family & friends have ever seen by getting your photos done during the winter season.
Are you dreaming of winter wonderland family photos in calgary? Let's make it happen!
Hey it's me
Welcome to My Blog
I'm Marcella (pronounced Mar-Sella), your friend behind the lens at
Love & Sunshine Photography in Calgary AB.
Lover of nature, travel, dogs & chai lattes. And most importantly, my family.
Creative by nature, genuinely loves taking and editing photos, and thrives on building relationships and capturing meaningful connections.
This is where I’ll share my latest sessions, photography resources, fave things, and perhaps even some inspiring info for running your own business.